Services – How we work
Getting your quote, starting your project, files upload,
online meetings & real-time editing
HOW WE WORK
Getting your quote
In order to get quote for your project:
- Send us the PDF files of the trades you want us to coordinate.
- For BIM projects, let us know what level of development you require.
- We will email you a quote with our contract and terms attached.
Getting your project started
- Once you will have reviewed your contract, please sign it and email it back to us.
- We will send you an initial invoice for the deposit.
- You can pay this invoice by mail or by fax and we will start working on your project right away.
In order to start drafting, we will need the following files:
- If available, provide us .dwg files of the MEP trades you want us to coordinate, for better accuracy. If you do not have .dwg files, provide us .pdf files.
- For a BIM project, we require a .dwg architectural file with the right origin point before we start drawing. This will allow us to make sure everyone starts to coordinate the right way.
We like to organize a quick meeting to predetermine at what elevation each MEP trade will run (example: ductwork at the highest elevation possible, plumbing at the lowest elevation possible).
For ductwork, please let us know the ductwork fitting type for: round duct, rectangular duct, low pressure duct system, high pressure duct system.
Drawings uploads and updates
If you are already hosting your project through BlueBeam™, we will update our drawings on your server. Otherwise, we can host the project ourselves on BlueBeam™, or simply email you the drawings if the file size is small enough.
When dimensions or other details are missing from the original drawings, we will let you know and send RFIs to the Engineers when necessary.
We provide different types of file formats:
- 2D annotated drawings as DXF, DWG or PDF format
- 3D CAD files as DWG and DXF format.
- 3D Navisworks™ project as NWD and NWF format
Online meetings & real-time editing
When you ask for a specific and complex change, we like to set up online meetings so you can view your requests change in real time and you get the exact results you want.
Our software allow us to change elevations and check for new clashes really quickly for the project, or for only a specific area.